10 Ideas For Buying Toys For the Disabled Children
Children with disability are special in their own way. They would require all the attention and care that would aid in their growth and development. You need to constantly keep a check on their desires and demands. Because, if they are not met with, their personality can degenerate to the extreme levels.
Talk of normal or disabled, all children love toys. No child has similar liking. What happens to be a fun-toy for one might not be of interest to the other. So, while picking up a toy for your child you need to get the right type of toy as per his liking. Besides, added care is needed while choosing toys for disabled children. They are special and therefore their toys also have to be special. Here are top 10 toy buying ideas for disabled children:
1. Building blocks: Building blocks will help your disabled child in developing their motor skills. The toys that fall in this category are alphabetical blocks and colored blocks that come in different shapes and sizes.
2. Paints and coloring pencils: This is the best tool for those disabled children who are deaf and dumb. Paints and coloring pencils give them an effective medium to express themselves with colors. Besides this, the responsiveness to a particular color form your child will help you to connect to your child's psychology and thus understand him well.
3. Stories with repetition or rhymes: Development of proper speech is very important for a disabled child. So, you should always try hard in this direction at the earliest possible time. In doing so, you can take the help of various books that come with stories in easily comprehendible languages.
4. Mix and match toys: Besides development of good speech, the other important thing that you need to take care of in your disabled child, is the sense of mental ability coupled with cognitive skills. For this, there are available certain toys, which involve sorting and grouping numbers, shapes and colors.
5. Board games: Board games help your child develop cognitive as well as motor skills.
6. Toys with light: Development of the sense of active visual stimulation is also very important for your disabled child. To aid this, there are several toys like "flashing molecule ball" that help in improving your child's responsiveness to the visuals.
7. Musical instruments: Musical instrument toys like drums, guitar, piano, to name a few will be helpful in developing musical interest in your disabled child. Such toys help in generating creative ability with the other skills of cognizance and motor.
8. Stretch-Eze: This is a very unique toy. This toy is ideal for your child in developing creative movements and is also useful in exercising.
9. Books with pictures: Pictures are great way by which you can build your child's imagination. These books will contain various riddles and stories based on different themes that will help your child build understanding powers.
10. Calculator Cash Register: This is one of the most perfect toys for your disabled child. The toy features a calculator and also includes false-plastic money with bills, coins and also credit cards. The purpose of this toy is to develop and encourage mathematical skills and quick learning ability in your child.
Follow the link
to get more information on disability training and disability aids
About the Author
The author writes articles on different topics. To get more disability articles visit
Published by: Javier Fuller